About University of San Diego (Yes, We’re a Real School!)
On the internet, it’s easy for anyone to look like something they’re not. So we’re used to people having a healthy skepticism when they’re choosing a University for their online graduate studies. In fact, we welcome it, as it gives us an opportunity to tell you how we’re different.
The University of San Diego was founded in July 1949 as two gender-specific colleges: the San Diego College for Women and the all-male San Diego University. The two academic institutions merged into the University of San Diego in 1972. We’re a regionally accredited Roman Catholic university committed to intellectual exploration, social innovation, and change.
In just 70 years, the University of San Diego has grown from a local college with 50 students and a handful of professors to a nationally ranked university. This achievement is the direct result of a single, unwavering expectation: academic excellence.
While intellectual growth is key, USD adds depth to the education experience by inspiring students to also grow morally and socially. We seek students who have a passion for learning and who strive to make their mark in this ever-changing world.
Here’s a video about University of San Diego that was developed mainly for our undergraduates, but gives you a nice overview of our campus spirit.
The Online Experience: Same Rigorous Content, But With More Flexibility
Our online degree programs are effective, flexible and smart. Unlike a standard online lecture, USD’s online courses are highly interactive, engaging each student and ensuring the subject matter is fully understood. This structure also facilitates interaction with the highly recognized faculty on campus and classmates to encourage learning through collaboration. It was specifically designed to provide access to the vast academic, research and career resources that USD offers – to anyone, anywhere.
- Get an “under-the-hood” view of our Online Course Experience
- Find out if earning an online degree is a good option for you
Why Choose University of San Diego?
- Top 100 nationally-ranked university (U.S. News and World Report)
- Regional accreditation by WASC provides assurance that USD degrees meet quality standards
- Focus on practical skill-building central to your current job and career growth aspirations
- 100% online degree provides flexibility for busy professionals
- Complete your master’s degree in 2 years or less, taking just one course at a time
- Accomplished practitioner faculty and professors with extensive experience
- Strong networking opportunities through online collaboration and learning teams
- Top tier USD education supports rapid career advancement
University of San Diego Distinctions
- Recognized as a Community Engagement Institution by the Carnegie Foundation
- Selected as a designated Ashoka Changemaker Campus
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report, Business Week, and others.