Earn a Master’s Degree in Cyber Security Engineering
100% Online or 100% On-Campus
APPLY NOW FOR FREE!
Get in touch with an advisor today and ask for your Application Fee Waiver Code
Cyber Security Engineering for Real-World Applications
This Master of Science in Cyber Security Engineering (MS-CSE) provides essential knowledge and skills training for information security practitioners (public or private) who work to protect the safety and prosperity of companies, communities, and the nation.
Offered through USD’s Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering, the MS-CSE program emphasizes a mission-centric focus while engaging students in academically rigorous training on the engineering aspects of software and hardware security. It is designed for industry professionals and bachelor-prepared students who want to effect positive change by developing and deploying engineering solutions to mitigate cybersecurity threats.
This Cyber Security Engineering master’s degree program is distinguished by:
- An integrated approach to cybersecurity education developed in collaboration with industry, military, intelligence community and government stakeholders to deliver specific, in-demand knowledge and skill sets.
- Dynamic, highly relevant curriculum designed by instructors with years of applied experience protecting national assets from the worst types of cyber threats.
- Intensive, in-depth focus on the most critical issues and threats being confronted by cybersecurity professionals today.
April 10, 2023
Who is the CSE Degree for?
Our Master of Science in Cyber Security Engineering program is ideal for bachelor-prepared students who are currently working in a wide range of cybersecurity roles or aspiring to work as a security engineer.
It is especially ideal for those with an engineering background who wish to effect positive change by developing and deploying engineering solutions to safeguard systems and networks, and mitigate cybersecurity threats.
Anyone interested in gaining a deep understanding of cybersecurity engineering concepts, theories and threat mitigation strategies will benefit from this program, which is designed to be an invaluable asset for career advancement.
Applicants come from varying backgrounds and fields including:
- Traditional educational paths
- Technology industries
- The military
- The intelligence community
- Private and public safety agencies
- Private industry
- Government organizations
Whether you already hold a leadership position or are seeking promotion to command staff, you owe it to yourself to explore how our highly practical curriculum can prepare you for greater success.
- 20- month program
- Courses are offered year-round
- Earn your degree without leaving home
- Focus on one 7-week class at a time
- Access your classroom any time, day or night
- Generous transfer credit available for Law Enforcement Training programs
Why Choose University of San Diego?
Earn a degree you’ll be proud of from a top private university founded in 1949.
Join an Elite Network
Students are leaders from organizations across the country.
Highly Rated by Students
Students praise our stellar faculty and the cutting-edge relevance of our coursework