About the Programs
At the University of San Diego, we are preparing cybersecurity experts to enter or progress within the field. Whether you are a hands-on engineer or an operations and leadership professional, we will meet you where you are at and take you to the next level. Currently, we offer two cybersecurity master’s programs. The M.S. Cyber Security Operations and Leadership program is offered 100% online and the M.S. Cyber Security Engineering is offered either fully online or fully on-campus. We are currently enrolling for the Summer semester starting May 7, 2024.
M.S. Cyber Security
Operations and Leadership
Mitigate Cybersecurity Threats and Become a Leader in Your Organization with This Fully Online Program
Our online MS-CSOL program is ideal for bachelor-prepared students who are currently working in a wide range of cybersecurity roles, as well as those interested in pursuing a career in cybersecurity, including:
- Professionals with a background in information technology, information systems and/or computer science.
- Those who have technology or cybersecurity industry experience.
- Those in a variety of private business sectors, government, military and law enforcement.
Anyone interested in gaining a deep understanding of cybersecurity concepts, topics and theories, along with leadership skills, will benefit from this program, which is designed to be an invaluable asset for career advancement.
The program features an innovative curriculum dedicated exclusively to critical aspects of cybersecurity.
Anyone interested in a comprehensive course of study in cybersecurity concepts, topics, and theories, along with leadership skills will benefit from this program.
An immersive career-building educational opportunity designed to be completed fully online in 20 months, this master’s degree program requires students to complete ten three-unit courses and a final Capstone project.
M.S. Cyber Security Engineering
Cybersecurity Engineering for Real-World Applications – Online or on Campus
This Master of Science in Cyber Security Engineering (MS-CSE) provides essential knowledge and skills training for information security practitioners (public or private) who work to protect the safety and prosperity of companies, communities, and the nation.
Offered through USD’s Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering, the MS-CSE program has been designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity by the federal government. This program emphasizes a mission-centric focus while engaging students in academically rigorous training on the engineering aspects of software and hardware security. It is designed for industry professionals and bachelor-prepared students who want to effect positive change by developing and deploying engineering solutions to mitigate cybersecurity threats.
This Cyber Security Engineering master’s degree program is distinguished by:
- An integrated approach to cybersecurity education developed in collaboration with industry, military, intelligence community, and government stakeholders to deliver specific, in-demand knowledge and skillsets.
- Dynamic, highly relevant curriculum designed by instructors with years of applied experience protecting national assets from the worst types of cyber threats.
- Intensive, in-depth focus on the most critical issues and threats being confronted by cybersecurity professionals today.