Take The Next Step in Your Leadership Development by Earning Your Master’s Degree in Law Enforcement Leadership – 100% Online
University of San Diego’s 100% online, leadership-focused master’s degree builds upon the excellent training you received at the FBI National Academy, with a practical curriculum designed specifically for law enforcement command staff.
If you have a bachelor’s degree and enrolled in mostly graduate-level coursework while attending the FBI National Academy, you could complete your M.S. in Law Enforcement & Public Safety Leadership (MS-LEPSL) with as few as 19 credits. University of San Diego will accept up to 12 units of graduate level coursework from your FBINA training (see chart below), allowing you to save both time and money while earning a Master’s degree that is endorsed by law enforcement and highly rated by students.
Build on Your FBINA Leadership Experience While Exploring Current Issues in Law Enforcement
As a student in USD’s online M.S. in Law Enforcement & Public Safety Leadership program, you will delve into some of America’s most pressing public safety issues while learning practical management and leadership skills specific to law enforcement, including:
- Organizational leadership frameworks, and how to influence others for the common good
- Constitutional law and how it shapes law enforcement policy
- Budget, finance and resource allocation
- Collective bargaining and contract negotiation
- Communication techniques, including interpersonal dialogue, written/electronic communications, report and grant writing, media relations and communicating to large audiences
- Techniques for successful community engagement
- Dispute and conflict resolution skills that emphasize ethics, personal and professional integrity
- Research methods for conducting community and organizational assessments
- Analytical procedures for evaluating crime trends
In its entirety, USD’s online M.S. in Law Enforcement & Public Safety Leadership is a 31-unit program designed to be completed in 5 semesters (20 months). Coursework is taken year-round, with three 14-week semesters each year. Each 14-week semester consists of two courses running for seven weeks each back to back, allowing you to focus on one course at a time.
When you have received transfer credit for a specific course, you will simply take a break during that 7-week period, and rejoin your cohort for the next course.
Benefits to FBINAA Members
- Application fee waived
- $50 per unit discount on tuition
- Free transcript ordering service (ask your enrollment advisor)
- Receive transfer credit for up to 12 units of eligible graduate-level FBINA courses