Take Your Leadership Skills to The Next Level With a Top-Ranked Master’s Degree You Can Earn From Home
Ranked As One of the Best Online Criminal Justice Master’s Degrees in the Country!
From seasoned command staff to high-potential early-career officers, the University of San Diego’s online M.S. in Law Enforcement & Public Safety Leadership (LEPSL) delivers a transformative experience that will give you a competitive edge. Recognized by US News and World Report as one of the best online criminal justice master’s degrees in the country, the LEPSL program offers you a practical curriculum that addresses today’s biggest criminal justice challenges while providing a framework that prepares you to be a more effective leader.
Developed in collaboration with law enforcement associations, USD’s LEPSL program goes far beyond a traditional criminal justice education by focusing on the real issues your agency faces every day. Plus, our faculty is comprised of experienced law enforcement and criminal justice leaders, so you’ll be learning from a team of professionals who have walked in your shoes.
You Can Earn a $2,500 New Student Scholarship!
Could you use an extra $2,500 to cover the cost of your master’s degree? USD is funding up to $25,000 in scholarships for new students admitted to the M.S. in Law Enforcement & Public Safety Leadership (LEPSL) program for the Fall 2021 term. To be considered for the scholarship, simply submit a 350-word essay along with your completed application by June 8th. Choose from one of two essay prompts:
- Option 1: “Reimagining” law enforcement is a visible and hotly debated topic in the modern era. In your view, what does an engaged public safety agency look like in 2022 America?
- Option 2: The 30×30 Initiative seeks to increase female representation in the law enforcement profession to 30% by the year 2030. From an organizational leadership perspective, what tangible and cultural steps need to be taken to reach this goal?
In past terms, 30-40 applicants have competed for ten scholarships. Those are very encouraging odds!
What You’ll Learn
- Organizational leadership frameworks, and how to influence others for the common good
- Constitutional law and how it shapes law enforcement policy today
- Budget, finance, resource allocation, and collective bargaining
- Communication techniques, including interpersonal dialogue, written/electronic communications, report and grant writing, media relations and communicating to large audiences
- Dispute and conflict resolution techniques that emphasize ethics and integrity
- Techniques for successful community engagement
- Analytical procedures for evaluating crime trends and conducting community and organizational assessments
“The coursework not only challenged my intellectual boundaries, but provided me with the tools central to leading a law enforcement agency in the 21st century. I am convinced that the skills amassed throughout the program were largely responsible for my appointment to Chief of Police. From all-inclusive budgeting practices to reformist community engagement ideologies, I have successfully applied those principles toward the transformation of an agency starved for change.”– Chief John C. Myrsiades, Plymouth Township Police Department
Whether you already hold a leadership position or are seeking promotion to command staff, you owe it to yourself to explore how our highly practical curriculum can prepare you for greater success.
Transfer Credit for Law Enforcement Training
If you’ve attended FBI National Academy, FBI-LEEDA or California POST’s Command College or Sherman Block SLI, you can apply 6-12 units of qualifying graduate coursework into the MS-LEPSL program. Ask us how!
This Master’s Degree is clearly at the forefront of police executive leadership education and should be seen as a game-changer for graduate studies. The course work was immediately applicable to my current range of duties and covers the things that matter.
This program is the most contemporary and cutting edge Law Enforcement degree offered. If you are looking to advance your career and/or advance your skills as a leader in 21st century policing you must take this program. After completing the LEPSL Master’s degree program, I was promoted to Sergeant with the Salinas Police Department and continue to grow in my career.