LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT EDUCATION THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Study at Top-Ranked University of San Diego
You see a need in your community, and you want to be a part of the solution.
There’s a cause that gives you purpose, but you need the practical skills to help you take the next step.
Whatever your motivation, earning your master’s degree in nonprofit leadership and management will bring you closer to making a lasting social impact.
Designed for committed working professionals, the 100% online Master of Science in Nonprofit Leadership and Management (MSNP) program equips current and future nonprofit leaders with the practical skills to make a difference — in just 20 months. Under the guidance of world-class University of San Diego faculty, students will apply nonprofit leadership and management theory to real-world scenarios and leave the program ready to get to work.
Flexible, 100% Online Degree Program Led By Industry Practitioners
As working professionals or recent graduates, the candidates for this program lead busy lives. Career, family, volunteerism, activism, fundraising — life in the nonprofit sector never stops moving.
Our 100% online program was created to account for all these factors and more. Students benefit from an asynchronous format and 24/7 access to coursework, all furnished by our highly rated academic institution.
The online MSNP curriculum focuses on the intersection of theory and practice. Course instruction is delivered by experienced professionals who’ve been there and can connect concepts discussed in class directly to real-world examples. The goal of each course is for students to take what they learn one day and put it into practice the next.
Students of the online MSNP program benefit from:
- Practical, relevant and timely course content
- Knowledgeable, experienced and accessible faculty
- The freedom to complete assignments whenever and wherever there’s an internet connection
- Access to a network of alumni and nonprofit leaders
- Upon successful program completion, an advanced degree from an accredited university
Who Is This Degree For?
The MSNP program is intended to help nonprofit professionals and other motivated individuals advance in their careers.
The program is ideal for those with experience or a background in:
- Nonprofit Management
- Business Administration, Sales and Marketing
- Public Administration
- International Relations
- Political Science
- Public Health
- Community Organizing
Candidates for this program include:
- Nonprofit or foundation leaders
- Recent graduates with relevant degrees or experience
- Socially minded business people
- Military personnel and veterans
- Social changemakers
- Career changers
- Experienced volunteers or donors looking to turn their passion into a career
What You’ll Learn
MSNP degree candidates will learn how to:
- Conduct, identify and evaluate research that supports nonprofit program development
- Apply leadership and management theories to real-world scenarios
- Understand the fundamentals of nonprofit finance
- Develop human capital to become agents of change
- Promote and amplify organizational messaging
- Forge community partnerships and inspire civic engagement
- Develop and manage a board of directors
The program culminates in a capstone project in which students create an organizational analysis of their own nonprofit organization or an existing case study.
- 20-month program
- 30 credit units
- Focus on one 7-week class at a time
- Flexible, asynchronous schedule
- 24/7 access to coursework
- Spring, summer or fall enrollment