Prepare Yourself for a Career in HealthCare Data Analytics and Health Informatics with a HIMSS-Approved Master’s Degree
Now more than ever, professionals who know how to securely capture, analyze and use health information are in demand. Whether you currently work in the healthcare field or are new to the industry, the University of San Diego’s M.S. in Health Care Informatics can help you achieve your goals. As a HIMSS-Approved Education Partner, the University of San Diego provides all the technical and programmatic skills you need to succeed, plus business management skills that will cement your role as a trailblazer in the health care informatics field.
Designed for working professionals, our practical, flexible program allows you to take classes on campus in the evenings, or 100% online. Both formats provide an experienced cross-disciplinary faculty, exceptional student support, and the ability to customize your experience by choosing one of our learning tracks:
Health Care Informatics (HCI) Track
The HCI track focuses on applying data to solve questions that impact individual patients, populations of patients, and health care delivery systems. HCI professionals work in an interdisciplinary environment that integrates computer science, knowledge management, and health care. Courses include:
- Advanced Health Care Information Management
- Clinical Documentation: Electronic Medical Record Systems
- Systems Analysis and Design for Health Care Systems
HealthCare Data Analytics Track
Healthcare Analytics (HDA) professionals understand health care delivery from the bedside to the board room, and utilize advanced analytics tools combined with programming skills to design unique solutions to solving health care problems. The HDA track teaches students to employ the skills of a data scientist, within the context of the health care discipline. Courses include:
- Machine Learning Applications for Health Care
- Advanced Health Care Analytics
- Population Health Analytics
Contact us today to take the next step to becoming a health care informatics leader.
Who’s This Degree For?
Demand is high for health informatics professionals, especially those who can bridge relevant work experience with focused health informatics education. Our program typically attracts students from the following backgrounds:
- Physicians looking to advance into a CMIO role
- Foreign medical graduates (FMGs) who are not credentialed in the U.S.
- Nurses and nursing informaticists
- Pharmacists and pharmacy technicians
- Other healthcare professionals
- Health insurance professionals
- IT/computer science professionals
- Medical office managers
- Health information management professionals (including those working in medical billing/revenue cycle, coding, information governance, data integrity, quality improvement, compliance, privacy and security, etc.).
- Public health or non-profit roles
But you don’t need to have health care experience to enroll in the M.S. in Health Care Informatics program, and almost half of our students start the program with no experience in the field at all. Our program is designed to help you build a foundation that will prepare you for future success.