Become a Leader in Health Care Informatics
University of San Diego’s Health Care Informatics program is specifically designed to create industry leaders. As a HIMSS Approved Education Partner, the University of San Diego provides all the technical and programmatic skills you need to succeed, plus business management skills that will cement your role as a trailblazer in the health care informatics field. Our unique, flexible program is tailored to fit your personal goals so you can start making immediate, impactful change as soon as you graduate.
Designed for working professionals, you can take classes on campus in the evenings, or enroll in our 100% online program. Both formats provide an experienced cross-disciplinary faculty and the ability to customize your experience by choosing one of our learning tracks:
Health Care Informatics (HCI) Track
The HCI track focuses on applying data to solve questions that impact individual patients, populations of patients and health care delivery systems. HCI professionals work in an interdisciplinary environment that integrates computer science, knowledge management and health care.
HealthCare DATA Analytics (HDA) Track
Healthcare Data Analytics (HDA) professionals understand health care delivery from the bedside to the boardroom, and utilize advanced analytics tools combined with programming skills to design unique solutions to solving health care problems. The HDA track teaches students to employ the skills of a data scientist, within the context of the health care discipline.
Contact us today to take the next step to becoming a health care informatics leader.
What You’ll Learn
- Application of information systems to solve clinical problems
- Design for the integration of human/technology systems
- Advanced leadership skills in project/technology team management
- Clinical documentation/Electronic Medical Record Systems
- Machine Learning Applications for Health Care
- Advanced health care and population health analytics
- Health system leadership, financial management, strategic planning and more