In preparation for your program start, all students are encouraged to take the Self-Assessment Test in order to gauge program readiness. You will be able to get a good sense of your basic technical background and time management by completing this test.
- Take the following assessment (be sure to track the time) and then check your answers using the Answer Key. There is also a question in the test that requires you to work with a data set. Please click the links below to download each of the files.
- Then, complete the form on this page, sharing any feedback or thoughts that you experienced during the self-assessment process.
- Based on your assessment of your programmatic strengths and areas to refresh, please use the resources below to be best prepared for your program start.
Need a refresher?
- Khan Academy: Calculus
- Khan Academy: Statistics
- Math is Fun: Statistics
- Khan Academy: Linear Algebra
- Calculus eTextbook by Gilbert Strang
- Welcome to Excel Easy
- Excel Tutorial
- LearnPython.org: free interactive Python tutorial
- DataCamp.com: free interactive Introduction to Python
- DataCamp.com: free interactive R Introductory Course
- Introduction to R by Udemy
- learnsqlonline.org: free interactive SQL tutorial
- 15 MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) for Data Science
- MS-ADS GitHub Materials
- USD MS-ADS Blog
- Data Science Blog: Towards Data Science
- Data Science News, Datasets, Tutorials, and Blog: KDnuggets
Submit this form after testing
"*" indicates required fields