Earn a Top-Ranked Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice Leadership – 100% Online
Join a Network of Law Enforcement Leaders Who are Taking Their Leadership Skills to the Next Level
APPLY NOW FOR FREE!
Get in touch with an advisor today and ask for your Application Fee Waiver Code
"*" indicates required fields
Trust the criminal justice program that is endorsed by law enforcement & highly rated by students
Ranked As One of the Best Online Criminal Justice Master’s Degrees in the Country!
From seasoned command staff to aspiring leaders, the University of San Diego’s online M.S. in Law Enforcement & Public Safety Leadership (LEPSL) delivers a transformative experience that will give you the competitive edge. Recognized by US News and World Report as one of the best online criminal justice master’s degrees in the country, the LEPSL program offers a practical curriculum that addresses today’s biggest criminal justice challenges while providing a framework that prepares you to be a more effective leader.
Developed in collaboration with law enforcement associations, USD’s LEPSL program goes far beyond a traditional criminal justice education by focusing on the real issues your agency faces every day. Plus, our faculty is comprised of experienced law enforcement and criminal justice leaders, so you’ll be learning from a team of professionals who have walked in your shoes.
Have questions about the Masters of Law Enforcement & Public Safety Leadership (LEPSL)?
What You’ll Learn
- Organizational leadership frameworks, and how to influence others for the common good
- Constitutional law and how it shapes law enforcement policy today
- Budget, finance, resource allocation, and collective bargaining
- Communication techniques, including interpersonal dialogue, written/electronic communications, report and grant writing, media relations and communicating to large audiences
- Dispute and conflict resolution techniques that emphasize ethics and integrity
- Techniques for successful community engagement
- Analytical procedures for evaluating crime trends and conducting community and organizational assessments
“The coursework not only challenged my intellectual boundaries, but provided me with the tools central to leading a law enforcement agency in the 21st century. I am convinced that the skills amassed throughout the program were largely responsible for my appointment to Chief of Police. From all-inclusive budgeting practices to reformist community engagement ideologies, I have successfully applied those principles toward the transformation of an agency starved for change.”– Chief John C. Myrsiades
Plymouth Township Police Department
Whether you already hold a leadership position or are seeking promotion to command staff, you owe it to yourself to explore how our highly practical curriculum can prepare you for greater success.
Transfer Credit for Law Enforcement Training
If you’ve attended FBI National Academy, FBI-LEEDA or California POST’s Command College or Sherman Block SLI, you can apply 6-12 units of qualifying graduate coursework into the MS-LEPSL program. Ask us how!
- 20- month program
- Courses are offered year-round
- Earn your degree without leaving home
- Focus on one 7-week class at a time
- Access your classroom any time, day or night
- Generouns transfer credit available for Law Enforcement Training programs
Why Choose University of San Diego?
Earn a degree you’ll be proud of from a top private university founded in 1949.
Join an Elite Network
LEPSL students are law enforcement leaders from agencies across the country.
Highly Rated by Students
Students praise our stellar faculty and the cutting-edge relevance of our coursework
Nationally Ranked Program
US News & World Report, BestColleges and others have ranked LEPSL one of the best
Approved by Law Enforcement
Proud partners of the FBINAA, FOP, Cal. Police Chiefs, and many regional POAs & DSAs