Advance your policing career with the program that is endorsed by law enforcement & highly rated by students.
Ranked As One of the Best Online Criminal Justice Master’s Degrees in the Country!
If you’re an experienced police professional looking for a graduate program to help you lead change in your agency, the best master’s degree just might be the highly-practical M.S. in Law Enforcement & Public Safety Leadership (LEPSL) from the University of San Diego. Whether you are a seasoned command officer or an aspiring leader, the MS-LEPSL program will deliver a transformative experience that will give you a competitive edge. Recognized by US News and World Report as one of the best online criminal justice master’s degrees in the country, the LEPSL program offers a practical curriculum that addresses today’s toughest policing challenges while providing a framework that prepares you to be a more effective leader.
Developed in collaboration with police associations, USD’s LEPSL program goes far beyond a traditional criminal justice education by focusing on the real issues your agency faces every day. Plus, our faculty is comprised of experienced law enforcement and criminal justice leaders, so you’ll be learning from a team of professionals who have walked in your shoes.
What You’ll Learn
- Organizational leadership frameworks, and how to influence others for the common good
- Constitutional law and how it shapes law enforcement policy today
- Budget, finance, resource allocation, and collective bargaining
- Communication techniques, including interpersonal dialogue, written/electronic communications, report and grant writing, media relations and communicating to large audiences
- Dispute and conflict resolution techniques that emphasize ethics and integrity
- Techniques for successful community engagement
- Analytical procedures for evaluating crime trends and conducting community and organizational assessments
“The coursework not only challenged my intellectual boundaries, but provided me with the tools central to leading a law enforcement agency in the 21st century. I am convinced that the skills amassed throughout the program were largely responsible for my appointment to Chief of Police. From all-inclusive budgeting practices to reformist community engagement ideologies, I have successfully applied those principles toward the transformation of an agency starved for change.”– Chief John C. Myrsiades
Plymouth Township Police Department
Whether you already hold a leadership position or are seeking promotion to command staff, you owe it to yourself to explore how our highly practical curriculum can prepare you for greater success.
- 20- month program
- Courses are offered year-round
- Earn your degree without leaving home
- Focus on one 7-week class at a time
- Access your classroom any time, day or night
- Generouns transfer credit available for Law Enforcement Training programs