Tackle the Challenges Facing Law Enforcement and Public Safety Associations and Their Members
Delve into critical issues facing law enforcement associations with some of the nation’s brightest minds and experts at the University of San Diego (USD). With program content driven by the modern needs of large police and sheriff associations, this symposium will explore pertinent and topical information designed to provide relevant and immediately practical skills that will benefit your association. Beyond the programming and training, stimulating networking and socializing activities will be abundant at America’s #1 rated “Most Beautiful Campus” (Princeton Review).
Featured Topics for 2019:
- The Evidence-Driven Crystal Ball: Futures Issues in Law Enforcement According to futures experts, what are the five biggest issues facing law enforcement in the next decade? What can associations do today to get prepared?
- Extreme Leadership & Crisis Management Robert Darling, Lt. Col USMC (R), leverages his experience being inside the White House bunker on 9/11 to examine leadership in times of crisis
- Use of Force: An Ever-changing Landscape Attorneys and association leaders will guide us through the ramifications of the ever-changing policies surrounding use of force, with a focus on recent legislation and the role of associations
- The Ramifications of Transparency What can associations do to protect the privacy of their members, while nurturing public trust and dialogue, during an era of unprecedented access to personnel records
- Evidence-Based Evaluation: A New Tool in your Tookit Want to advocate for policy most effectively? Use a new rapid evidence-based assessment built on sound social science with reliable results.
- Academics: The New Allies Learn about what academic institutions are doing to cultivate leadership within the law enforcement community via a cutting-edge online Master’s degree that may be of interest to your membership.