What’s it Like to Earn Your Graduate Degree Online?
Online courses offer a convenient, yet rigorous style of learning that allows you to structure your education to suit your schedule while keeping you on pace toward achieving your educational goals. As an online graduate student, you will have access to your classroom at any time and can view your assignments, syllabus and course resources from any computer with internet capability.
Our online, asynchronous courses offer the same rigorous, high-quality content and expert instruction as the courses held on-campus at the University of San Diego. Instructors facilitate courses through engaging multimedia presentations and provide prompt feedback to questions within a 24 to 48-hour timeframe. When you learn online, you gain the flexibility to structure your education around your schedule. As an online student, you’ll interact with instructors and classmates from around the world through weekly discussion forums, chats and email correspondence.
What Does “Asynchronous” Mean?
The program is designed with a “working adult” schedule in mind. Students are set up to be able to balance their academic coursework while being able to work full-time, take care of family, etc.
Course content may involve:
- No live course sessions
- Optional office hour zoom meetings
- Discussion board threads led by your instructor
- Pre-recorded lectures you can review at your leisure
- Practical assignments and projects
Technical Requirements for Online Courses in Canvas
High-speed internet connection strongly encouraged (DSL or better)
- Browser: For best performance, Instructure recommends using the current or previous major releases of Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari.
- Instructure products are supported on Window, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android and any other device with a modern web browser. Canvas lists the most current browser compatibility information on its site, here.
- Microsoft Office
- See system requirements for Cyber Security programs here.