Master of Science in Innovation, Technology and Entrepreneurship
The online Master of Science in Innovation, Technology and Entrepreneurship (MITE) program is geared to be an incredibly valuable, one-of-a-kind professional growth experience for such individuals as:
- Startup entrepreneurs
- Tech achievers advancing into leadership roles
- Business professionals intent on learning how to navigate the technology innovation landscape
- Aspiring, early-career or seasoned C-Suite executives across a broad range of industries (including CEOs, CTOs, CIOs, etc.)
- Innovators interested in “changing how the world works”
Admission to the MITE program will require a bachelor’s degree with strong academic credentials, preferably in a STEAM or business discipline. Preference will be given to candidates with industry experience in technology connectivity or other relevant real-life experiences.
Please review the standard admissions expectations below as you prepare your application for the MS in Innovation, Technology and Entrepreneurship degree program:
- Bachelor’s degree in a professional, STEAM-related discipline from a regionally accredited institution (official transcripts required).
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from a regionally accredited institution (official transcripts required); plus strong interest in technology innovation.
- Bachelor’s GPA of 2.75 or higher. Candidates with GPA under 2.75 can apply, but will be asked to provide relevant explanations in an essay; candidates with GPA under 2.75 may be encouraged to complete a standardized test such as GRE or GMAT.
- International students will require a TOEFL score of 83 or above.
- All students are asked to submit a statement or essay explaining your interest and experience in the “connectivity” vertical, and your goals from this degree program.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Recommendation letter from candidate’s supervisor/manager and one external reference for candidates with more than 5 years industry experience.
- Or, two letters of recommendation from external references for candidates with experience that spans 5 years or less.
If you are interested in applying, but do not meet all of the admissions requirements, please contact an enrollment advisor at (888) 832-0239 or use the chat feature on this page. Our application review process always includes a holistic look at your experience and background, and we understand that a low undergraduate GPA or lack of professional experience is not necessarily indicative of your potential success in our program.
Key Steps to Applying
Prospective degree candidates must complete the following steps before relevant deadlines:
- Candidate completes online application.
- Candidate uploads resume/curriculum vitae.
- Candidate uploads any additional collateral material in support of application.
- Candidate uploads an essay describing fit with the program (instructions for essay provided).
- Candidate instructs institution of terminal degree to send official transcripts (if terminal degree was completed 5 years or less from the date of application); OR, candidate requests immediate supervisor or a manager in the organization submits a letter of recommendation directly to the program.
- Candidate’s external references directly submit recommendation letters. Total of two with transcript, or one letter or reference plus one letter from supervisor/manager.
You can find additional information and guidance on preparing your application by visiting our “Starting Your Application” page.
If you have questions regarding any aspect of the application process, please contact an Enrollment Advisor for assistance.