Master of Science in Cyber Security Engineering
Cyber Security Engineering for Real-World Application
This on-campus Master of Science in Cyber Security Engineering (MS-CSE) program is offered through University of San Diego’s Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering. The program emphasizes ethics, applied and theoretical technical knowledge and skills, cross-domain learning and a mission-centric focus — essential training for the information security practitioners (public or private) who protect the prosperity and safety of companies, communities and the nation. The information security graduate program is academically rigorous, focusing on the engineering aspects of software and hardware security.
Students in the MS in Cyber Security Engineering will benefit from a program that draws upon an integrated approach to cyber security education that has been iteratively designed with industry, military, intelligence community and government stakeholders who can specifically describe the types of knowledge and skills necessary to contribute to the mitigation of modern threats. Furthermore, the curriculum is designed by instructors with years of applied experience protecting national assets from the worst types of cyber threats. The curriculum is dynamic, timely and mission-focused.
Who is the Master of Science in Cyber Security Engineering Program For?
The Master of Science in Cyber Security Engineering program is designed for professionals and bachelor-prepared students who want to effect positive change in engineering solutions to mitigate cyber security threats. Applicants come from varying backgrounds and fields including:
- traditional educational paths
- the military
- the intelligence community
- private and public safety agencies
- technology industries
The 30-unit program consists of 10 courses, including an integrative capstone course.
- Computational Roots of Cyber Security (CYBR 505)
- Foundations of Cyber Security (CYBR 500)
- Applied Cryptography (CYBR 520)
- Security Policies (CYBR 530)
- Security Assurance (CYBR 540)
- Secure Network Engineering (CYBR 550)
- Trusted Systems Design, Development and Analysis (CYBR 560)
- Secure Systems Engineering (570)
- Digital Forensics and Incident Response (CYBR 580)
- Cyber Security Operations (CYBR 590)
For full course descriptions visit the curriculum page.
Why Choose the University of San Diego
- Top 100 nationally ranked university
- Curriculum dedicated exclusively to critical aspects of cyber security
- Immersive and unique career-building education
- Complete the degree in 20 months