M.S. in Law Enforcement & Public Safety Leadership
Get Started Today
Request More Information About the Nationally Ranked MS-LEPSL Program
Recognized as one of America's Best Online Programs by US News & World Report
Join 1,100+ Law Enforcement Professionals Who Have Already Enrolled
Next Class Starts in September – Application deadline: August 1
The MS-LEPSL program offers three start terms each year.
- Spring term – Classes start in January; Applications are due in early December
- Summer term – Classes start in May; Applications are due in mid-April
- Fall term – Classes start in September; Applications are due in early August
The following elements are the standard admissions requirements for the Master of Science in Law Enforcement and Public Safety Leadership program.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in law enforcement, public safety or a related field. Applicants with current or recent active duty military experience who are actively pursuing or engaged with a career in law enforcement may also qualify at the discretion of the admissions committee.
- Bachelor’s GPA of 2.75 or higher. An extended graduate-level essay may be required of applicants whose undergraduate GPA is under 2.75. (This is waived for graduates of FBINA, FBI-LEEDA Trilogy, PERF’s SMIP and Command College)
- A short statement of purpose
- Letter of support from your employer, or two letters of reference
- TOEFL scores of 90 or above (for international applicants)
Please contact your advisor at (888) 832-0239 or use the chat feature on this page if you are interested but do not meet all published admissions requirements. Our application review process always includes a holistic look at your law enforcement and/or military experience and other professional training opportunities you’ve had, as we understand that a low undergraduate GPA is not a reliable indicator of your potential success as a graduate student. Please also note that meeting all admission requirements does not guarantee admission to the program.
Applying to a graduate program can be complicated – which is why we are here to help answer your questions and even pay for your transcripts! If you have questions regarding the application, contact one of our enrollment advisors who will be able to answer your questions and assess your situation. Our enrollment advisors will also assist you with ordering and tracking your transcripts.
Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. You can apply and start in any semester (spring, summer, or fall. Ready to apply? Start your application online.
Special Note: please anticipate that some colleges and universities can take 2 – 3 weeks to prepare and send official transcripts. Your application package is not complete until all official transcripts are received.
At a Glance
Our borders are open to international students of all regions.