Take The Next Step in Your Leadership Development by Earning Your Master’s Degree in Law Enforcement Leadership – 100% Online
Designed for current law enforcement professionals who want to grow and lead, this 100% online, leadership-focused master’s degree program builds upon the excellent training you received at the San Diego County Regional Leadership Institute, with a practical curriculum designed specifically for law enforcement professionals who want to be more effective leaders and enhance their promotional opportunities.
Through a unique partnership between the University of San Diego and the San Diego County Regional Leadership Institute, your SDCRLI coursework can be evaluated, given an academic grade, and validated for 6 graduate-level extension units. Then, as a student in the MS-LEPSL program, these units will be applied to the following two courses:
- Contemporary Issues in Law Enforcement and Public Safety – LEPS 500
- Organizational Leadership for Law Enforcement – LEPS 540
There is a $75 per unit fee for the credit validation service, but you will save the tuition cost for those courses, and receive a 7-week break in your course load for each class.
Learn How to Apply for SDCRLI Credit Validation
Build on Your SDCRLI Training While Exploring Current Issues in Law Enforcement
As a student in USD’s online M.S. in Law Enforcement & Public Safety Leadership program, you will delve into some of America’s most pressing public safety issues while learning practical management and leadership skills specific to law enforcement, including:
- Organizational leadership frameworks, and how to influence others for the common good
- Constitutional law and how it shapes law enforcement policy
- Budget, finance and resource allocation
- Collective bargaining and contract negotiation
- Communication techniques, including interpersonal dialogue, written/electronic communications, report and grant writing, media relations and communicating to large audiences
- Techniques for successful community engagement
- Dispute and conflict resolution skills that emphasize ethics, personal and professional integrity
- Research methods for conducting community and organizational assessments
- Analytical procedures for evaluating crime trends
In its entirety, USD’s online M.S. in Law Enforcement & Public Safety Leadership is a 31-unit program designed to be completed in 5 semesters (20 months). Coursework is taken year-round, with three 14-week semesters each year. Each 14-week semester consists of two courses running for seven weeks each back to back, allowing you to focus on one course at a time.
When a course for which you have transfer credit is scheduled, you will enjoy a 7-week break.
Benefits to SDCRLI Graduates
- Application fee waived
- No GRE is required for admission
- $50 per unit discount on tuition with proof of law enforcement union/association membership
- Free transcript ordering service (ask your enrollment advisor)
- Finish your Master’s degree with just 8 classes plus a capstone