Applications are due by August 8th for Fall enrollment!
Admission Requirements for the Master of Education Online Degree Program
All students admitted to the Master of Education online degree program will need to meet the same standards that applicants who enter University of San Diego MEd programs do. Program admission standards are as follows. Should you have questions or concerns regarding any or all of these requirements, please contact an Enrollment Advisor to further assess your specific situation:
- Bachelor’s degree* with a GPA of 2.75 or higher from a regionally accredited institution; official transcripts required from every college and university attended.
- A personal phone interview
- Two years of prior teaching experience: send a resume of your experience
- Two letters of recommendation from academic or professional supervisors
- Two 500-word essays
- International applicants: a minimum score of 90 on the TOEFL exam and a score of 20 on the written exam; and IELTS minimum score of 7.5
- GRE score is optional
- No teaching credential required; however, participants will need access to a classroom of students throughout the program to apply their learning and complete the course assignments as well as their action research project
General Admission Information and Requirements
Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. You can apply and start in any semester (spring, summer or fall) and begin earning your degree by enrolling in the two seven-week courses being offered each 14-week semester.
To view the academic calendar or course schedule, click here.
For a full list of admission requirements click here.