Admission Requirements for the Master of Education Online Degree Program
All students admitted to the Master of Education online degree program will need to meet the same standards that applicants who enter University of San Diego MEd programs do. Program admission standards are as follows. Should you have questions or concerns regarding any or all of these requirements, please contact an Enrollment Advisor to further assess your specific situation:
- Bachelor’s degree* with a GPA of 2.75 or higher from a regionally accredited institution; official transcripts required from every college and university attended.
- A personal phone interview
- Two years of prior teaching experience: send a resume of your experience
- Two letters of recommendation from academic or professional supervisors
- Two 500-word essays
- International applicants: a minimum score of 90 on the TOEFL exam and a score of 20 on the written exam; and IELTS minimum score of 7.5
- GRE score is optional
- No teaching credential required; however, participants will need access to a classroom of students throughout the program to apply their learning and complete the course assignments as well as their action research project
Please contact an enrollment advisor if you are interested, but do not meet all published admissions requirements.
Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. You can apply and start in any semester (spring, summer, or fall) and begin earning your degree by enrolling in the two 7-week courses being offered each fourteen-week semester. Ready to apply? Start your application process.