Applications are due by December 8th for Spring 2018 enrollment!
Admission Requirements for the Master of Education Online Degree Program
All students admitted to the Master of Education online degree program will need to meet the same standards that applicants who enter University of San Diego MEd programs do. Program admission standards are as follows. Should you have questions or concerns regarding any or all of these requirements, please contact an Enrollment Advisor to further assess your specific situation:
- Bachelor’s degree* with a GPA of 2.75 or higher from a regionally accredited institution; official transcripts required from every college and university attended.
- A personal phone interview
- Two years of prior teaching experience: send a resume of your experience
- Two letters of recommendation from academic or professional supervisors
- Two 500-word essays
- International applicants: a minimum score of 90 on the TOEFL exam and a score of 20 on the written exam; and IELTS minimum score of 7.5
- GRE score is optional
- No teaching credential required; however, participants will need access to a classroom of students throughout the program to apply their learning and complete the course assignments as well as their action research project
- International students must have their transcripts evaluated by an outside agency approved by NACES, such as World Education Services, Inc. (WES). A Course-by-Course Report from WES or one of the following agencies must be submitted with your application.
General Admission Information and Requirements
Students are admitted throughout the year for admission into one of three semesters (Spring, Summer, and Fall). Each semester two courses are offered, with students focusing intensively on one course at a time – a total of 7 weeks for each course. An academic calendar for the first year follows.
Admission application packets are accepted on a rolling basis. A decision will be recommended by the Review Committee within 1 week from submission.
View the academic calendar below: