Get started on your degree in Summer 2020 online or in Fall, both online or on-campus.
The following elements are the standard admissions expectations for the MS in Health Care Informatics program.
- Bachelor’s degree from an approved, accredited school
- Basic computer and information management skills
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Bachelor’s GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completion of the University Application
- Official transcript from the University that conferred your bachelor’s degree
- Technical aptitude and experience as demonstrated on resume
- Basic understanding of medical terminology (Non health care professionals must complete the online medical terminology course by the end of the first term. This course is not part of the degree curriculum.)
- One year of work experience preferred
- Statement of purpose (approximately 300 words)
- Letter of recommendation from a current employer or two letters of reference
- An admissions interview will be required for all on campus program applicants, and may be requested of some online applicants
- International applicants must meet additional requirements for admission, including:
- A course by course transcript evaluation and report by World Education Services (WES). No other transcript evaluation will be accepted for degrees earned outside the U.S.
- International students wishing to enroll in the on-campus program must be accepted for Spring 2020 by November 1st. Once accepted, they must confirm their acceptance, pay their enrollment deposit, and submit proof of non-immigrant documentation by November 24th.
Please contact an enrollment advisor if you are interested but do not meet all published admissions requirements.
Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. Online students can apply and start in any semester (spring, summer, or fall). On-campus students may apply to start in Spring and Fall only.
The priority application deadline for Spring 2020 is October 22nd. All materials must be received by the priority deadline to receive priority consideration.