M.S. in Health Care Informatics On-Campus Program
University of San Diego’s campus-based MS in Health Care Informatics program integrates health care technology, clinical analytics, leadership, and business knowledge and skills in preparing you for leadership in health care informatics in a variety of positions within health care organizations.
On-campus MS-HCI Program Overview
- 42-unit program
- Full-time students take 3 classes per week and graduate in 2 years; part-time students take 2 classes per week and graduate in 3 years
- Classes are scheduled in the evenings, plus an occasional late afternoon seminar
- New students can start two times per year:
- Fall term starts in September
- Spring term starts in January
- Students choose one of three specialized learning tracks: Health Informatics, Health Care Analytics/Data Science, or Health Care Leadership
The on-campus Health Care Informatics program utilizes a practicum model with placements in community agencies working with health care informatics professionals. In this practicum, students develop the skills necessary to enter the field of health care informatics upon graduation. This is a required component for the Health Care Informatics track, and an elective option for the Health Care Analytics or Health Care Informatics Leadership tracks.