This 100% online Master of Education program is offered through USD’s School of Leadership and Education Sciences‘ partnership with the Division of Professional and Continuing Education. The University of San Diego Department of Learning and Teaching faculty has designed the online Master of Education program with several specialization options, so that you can work on your master’s degree on your own time with fully online courses. These programs provide a strong researched-based curricular foundation with immediate practical classroom applications. You can choose School Leadership, Literacy and Digital Learning, STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics), Inclusive Learning: Special Education and Universal Design or a comprehensive Curriculum and Instruction specialization.
- Understand the impact of social justice and educational equity on today’s classroom
- Explore human cognition and learning and their implications for educators and educational researchers
- Review major educational research methods and paradigms and how action research can improve classroom practices
- Apply techniques such as ethnography, grounded theory, case-study, document analyses and focus groups to analyze data and interpret findings
- Employ acquired skills to an action research project in your area of specialization
Who’s this degree for?
The online Master of Education program is designed for experienced K-12 educators who seek to become a designer of learning and enhance their skills.
The program is designed for practicing K-12 teachers with a minimum of two years of teaching experience from a wide variety of classroom settings including public district, charter, independent, or non-traditional schools. As a result, courses allow students to leverage knowledge, experience, and real-world application to enrich learning throughout the program.