Master of Science in Cyber Security Operations and Leadership
Get Your Degree in 20 Months
The University of San Diego’s 100% online Master of Science in Cyber Security Operations and Leadership (MS-CSOL) is designed for bachelor-prepared students who desire to effect positive change in mitigating cyber security threats and become leaders in their organizations. This cyber security masters degree program is designed to serve the needs of a diverse set of individuals who are currently in cyber security roles as well as those interested in pursuing a career in cyber security.
With its curriculum dedicated exclusively to critical aspects of cyber security, this cyber security masters program will deliver an immersive and unique career-building, career-enhancing educational opportunity.
USD’s Online Cyber Security Master’s Degree is Designed for:
- Professionals with a background in Information Technology, Information Systems, and/or Computer Science.
- Those who have technology or cyber security experience in industry.
- Those in a wide variety of private business sectors, government, military, and law enforcement — who will find this course of study an invaluable asset for advancement in their careers.
Anyone interested in gaining a solid course of study in cyber security concepts, topics, and theories, along with leadership skills will benefit from this program.
- Foundations of Cyber Security (CSOL 500)
- Applied Cryptography (CSOL 510)
- Secure Systems Architecture (CSOL 520)
- Cyber Security Risk Management (CSOL 530)
- Cyber Security Operational Policy (CSOL 540)
- Management and Cyber Security (CSOL 550)
- Secure Software Design and Development (CSOL 560)
- Network Visualization and Vulnerability Detection (CSOL 570)
- Cyber Intelligence (CSOL 580)
- Cyber Incident Response and Computer Network Forensics (CSOL 590)
- Capstone (CSOL 599)
There is a total of 11 courses in the Master of Science in Cyber Security Operations and Leadership program, with ten 3-unit courses and a 1-unit integrative capstone course.
For full course descriptions visit the curriculum page.
Why Choose the University of San Diego?
- Top 100 nationally ranked university
- Curriculum dedicated exclusively to critical aspects of cyber security
- Immersive and unique career-building education
- 100% Online: flexibility for working professionals
- Complete the degree in 20 months
Center for Cyber Security Engineering and Technology
The University of San Diego’s Center for Cyber Security Engineering and Technology (CCSET) is designed to develop and coordinate opportunities for world-class education, research, and service to address threats to information systems. CCSET assists business, government, law enforcement, and private citizens to better prepare and respond to highly motivated, highly trained adversaries who are responsible for billions in lost revenue each year; catastrophic disruptions in service; terrorism and activism; a dark web of criminal activity; and constant peril to critical infrastructure.